Thursday, March 4, 2010

FNAR Review - What's In The Box - The Rest

The remaining items for "what's in the box" are the lock, owner's manual and case. Well, the lock is the lock (no big deal). The owner's manual seems to be in sufficient detail to understand the features, the inserts and the shims for the gun. I have not disassembled the rifle yet, but the instructions seem to be good enough to do the task. I'm actually saving that task for a different post. You can download a copy of the owner's manual from the FNH sight at this link.  So now the gun case is the last item to talk about.

I know this is nit picking, but why wouldn't you provide the gun in a case that is big enough for the rifle with a scope installed and it not seem like it is all jammed inside. The photo below shows that it will fit, but that is not what I'm going to use for a $2400 system (rifle, mounts, & scope).  I'm sure I will use the case for many years, but instead of taking "the ultimate rifle" out of a case which says "FN Herstal" on the outside while at the gun range, I will take out some other lesser rifle. To me, that seems like a missed advertising opportunity for FNH.  Now, if you consider that my only real issue with what you get when you buy a FNAR is the case, I think that says alot about the rifle.  So far, my excitement is only building and I can not wait until I hit the range.

FYI: For those of you who will notice, the Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14 x 50mm Scope will be the feature of one of my next reviews.




You can see all of my posts on my FNAR rifle by going to my Summary Page.  Also, don't forget you can click on a photo and it will give you a high definition image so you can see more details.

1 comment:

  1. I went with a QD mount. Too long and high a rise to fit even on an angle.

    ReplyDelete